Friday, July 22, 2011

Giant human skeletons with horns are described in Indiana, West Virginia and Pennsylvania

Giant human skeletons with horns are described in Indiana, West Virginia and Pennsylvania




Indianapolis News, July 27, 1922 (Edinburg Indiana)
     “During the flood of 1913,”said Mr. Porter, “the river shot across our farm a distance back into the fields. When the waters subsided, an Indian camping ground was revealed. About twenty old fire beds were found, the pot stones, of which were scarcely disturbed. Charcoal between the pot stones loaded as if venison might have been served the night before. The fire beds were placed in a semi-circle about fifty feet from the river bank which gradually sloped toward the water affording a convenient landing for canoes. Each end of the semi-circle or crescent lay almost on the river bank and in the center of the half circle was the largest of the fire pits--no doubt the tepee of the chief stood there.
Back of each wing of the crescent and perhaps fifty feet to the rear were two other fire pits, where evidently the sentinels were posted. A small pit was found some distance away from all the others and close to this small pit were several skeletons. We picked up bits of pottery, arrow heads, an axe or two and a pair of mill stones after the water had gone down.”
Previously to the flood of 1913, Mr. Porter constructed a levee along the western edge of the supposed site of the village. In the digging and grading for this levee, ten skeletons were found. A skull of extraordinary dimensions also was found. A small bone about the size of a man’s finger protruded from the base of the temporal bone arch about one-half inch from the skull, passed upward and attached itself to the base of the paretal bone. This peculiarly formed skull was sold to R. L. Stewart of Newport, Indiana.


History of Preston County, West Virginia 1888
Sandy Creek Mound
      From this mound, the writer obtained a strange skull out of the top layer of bones. Digging down, we came upon several skulls in the bottom layer, but could not get them out, as they crumbled to pieces in our hands; finally the top of one was secured, and where the sutures meet on the top of the Caucasian head, they were prevented in this head by a small bone of about one inch in length by one-half inch in width, of a peculiar shape. All the other skulls possessed this same peculiar bone. The top of the skull secured and the others that crumbled, showed the heads of the race to have been long and narrow, with low foreheads and long narrow faces.

Weird America, A Guide to Places of Mystery in the United States, Jim Brandon
     At Tioga Point, on what was then the Murray farm just southwest of the town of Sayve, a prehistoric mound yielded the oddest skeletons yet in the Fibber McGee closet of American archaeology. A distinguished team of professional antiquarians opened the mound in the 1880s. Present were Dr. G. P. Donehoo, Pennsylvanian state historian and prominent Presbyterian Church dignitary; Professor A. B. Skinner of the American Investigating Museum; and Professor W. K. Morehead of Phillips Andover Academy.
Inside the mound, they discovered the bones of 68 men that they estimated to have been buried around the year A.D. 1200. The average length of the skeletons was seven feet, with many of them much taller. On some of the skulls, two inches above the foreheads, were bony projections, evidently “horns” or horn buds that have been there since birth. Some of the specimens were sent to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, where they apparently disappeared into the hall of archaeological “memory hide” for no one will admit to any knowledge of them today.


More Giant Skeletons