Thursday, June 30, 2011

Adena Burial Mound With Surrounding Ditch Photographed in Warren,(Huntington County) Indiana

  
The ditch that surrounds this mound can still be seen. A university archaeologist, presumed to be from IPFW was reported to have hacked into this Adena burial several years ago. This burial mound and another in Lagrange county that also was surrounded by a ditch are examples of how the Point Peninsula Iroquois was heavily influenced by the Allegewi (Adena) from 200 B.C. - 200 A.D.


HUNTINGTON COUNTY

Geological Survey of Indiana,1875

Antiquities

Though the present site of Huntington and the “Forks of the Wabash,” as the junction of Little River with that stream was familiarly called by the early settlers of the county, was the favorite abode of savages, yet, strange to say, no traces of the works of the prehistoric mound builder are found in the county, except along Salamonia River, in the southwest corner, opposite Warren, where, on a high eminence in the bend of the latter river, there are two mounds. The first one visit is at Daniel Adsits. It is about twenty-five feet in circumference and six feet high. A slight excavation had been made into the top, but so far as could be learned no relics were found. There is a shallow trench completely encircling it. From the top the view overlooks the Salamonie and its fine fertile bottoms. The other mound is about a quarter of a mile to the northwest, and in a cultivated orchard belong to John D. Jones, and near his barn. This mound has been nearly destroyed by the plow, and I was unable to learn that it possessed any peculiar features, or contained any relics. Mr. Jones informed me that he had, from time to time, picked up on his farm, stone axes, pipes, flint arrow and spear points, but could give no special account of the existence of other mounds. Though I followed Salamonia River for many miles above Warren, and made repeated inquiries about burial mounds, I could not learn of any others in the county.





Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Book of Mormon and the Nephi Giants of the Ohio Valley



Book of Mormon and the Nephi Giants


 . The following quotes are from the Book of Mormon that have Some striking similarities to the Allegewi (Adena) Moundbuilders that would have lived in New York, the site of the hill of Cumorah, where the sacred tablets containing their scriptures were found.
   It is also in up-state New York, near Lake Erie that giants graveyards are found. A great war is documented on both the Mormon Bible and the Lene Lenape Algonquin Indian's history, called the Bark Records, or the Walum Olum. ("Olum" is a Hebrew word meaning "history," coincidence?)

Book of Mormon, Chapter 2:1
   "And it came to pass in that same year there began to be a war again between the Nephites and the Lamanites. And not withstanding I being young, was large in stature; therefore the people of Nephi appointed me that I should be their leader, or the leader of their armies."
  Helaman 1:15
  " And they came down again that they might pitch battle against the Nephites.  And they were led by a man whose name Coriantumer; and he was a descendant of Zarahemla; and he was a dissenter from among the Nephites; and he was large and a mighty man
    It is of interest that the phrase "might man" is used here because it is reminiscent of Genesis 6: 4
 "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came into the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."



 The western and southern flank of the Great Lakes was protected by over two hundred circular earthen forts. Near many of these are found skeletons of large size. The erection of these forts is also mentioned in the book of Mormon.

The Book of Mormon, Alma 48:8
   "Yea, he was strengthening the armies of the Nephites, and erecting small forts, or places of resort; throwing up banks of earth round about to enclose his armies, and also building walls of stone to encircle them about, round about their cities and the borders of their lands; yea all about the land.

    
 A series of circular forts were constructed on the southern tier of the Great Lakes from New York to Indiana.  

     According to the Walum Olum the Algonquins were located to the North of the giant race and the attacks came from Canada, south.  This would explain the hundreds of circular forts erected along the St. Lawrence River and extending to the west along the southern tier of the Great Lakes.

    It is across these same areas that we find whole graveyards of giant humans. Skeletal remains have also been described as showing evidence of battle.  Many Mormon researchers look at the Ohio Valley earthworks as a series of fortifications, when in reality they were ceremonial centers.
    

    Graveyards of Giant Skeletons, are these the remains of the ancient Nephi Giants?



History of Niagra County, New York 1878
A search enabled them to come to a pit, but a slight distance from the surface. The top of the pit was covered with slabs of the Medina Sandstone, and was twenty-four feet square by four and a half in depth- the planes agreeing with the four cardinal points. It was filled with human bones of both sexes and all ages. They dug down at one extremity, and found the same layers to extend to the bottom, which was the same dry loam, and from their calculations, they deduced that at least four thousand souls had perished one great massacre. In one skull two flint arrowheads were found, and many had the appearance of having been fractured and cleft open by a sudden blow. They were piled in regular layers, but with no regard to size or sex… One hundred and fifty persons a day visited this spot the first season and carried off the bones. They are now nearly all gone and the pit ploughed over. The remains of a wall were traced near the vault. Some of the bones found in the latter were of unusual size. One of these was a thighbone that had been healed of an oblique fracture. One was the upper half of a skull so large that that of a common man would not fill it.

Holland Purchase of Western New York, 1849

In the town of Cambria, upon the farm, until recently owned by Eliakin Hammond, now owned by John Gould, is an ancient fortification and burial place…

“The location commands a view of Lake Ontario and the surrounding country. An area of about six acres of level ground appears to have been occupied; fronting which upon a circular verge of the mountain, were distinct remains of a wall. Nearly in the center of the area was a depository of the dead. It was a pit excavated to depth of four or five feet, filled with human bones, over which were slabs of stones… In the position of the skeletons, there were none of the signs of ordinary Indian burial; but evidence that the bodies were thrown in promiscuously, and at the same time. The conjecture might well be indulged that it had been the theatre of a sanguinary battle, terminating in favor of the assailants, and a general massacre. A thigh bone of unusual length was preserved for a considerable period by a physician of Lockport, and excited much curiosity.”




History of Erie County, Pennsylvania 1884



An ancient graveyard was discovered in 1820, on the land known as the Drs. Carter and Dickinson places in Erie, which created quite a sensation at the time. Dr. Albert Thayer dug up some of the bones, and all indicated a race of beings of immense size.














Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ancient Blonde Haired Mummies Discovered in Tennessee

Blonde Haired Mummies Discovered in Tennessee


   Yellow haired mummies have been reported in several of the caves in both Tennessee and Kentucky.  Are these the remains of the Amorites who built the henges in the Ohio Valley?



Tennessee 1883
...skeletons, were discovered in 1811 in a cave in Warren County, about twenty miles from McMinnville. These were of two human beings, one male, the other female. They had been buried in baskets the construction of which was evidence of considerable mechanical sill. both bodies were dislocated at the hips and were placed erect in the baskets, each of which had a neatly fitted cover of cane. The flesh of these persons was entire and undecayed, dry and of a brown color. Around the female, next to her body, was placed a well dressed deerskin, and next to this was a mantle composed of the bark of a tree and feathers, the bark being composed of small strands well twisted. The mantle or rag was about six feet long and three feet wide. She had in her hand a fan made from the tail feathers of a turkey, and so made as to be open and closed at pleasure. The hair remaining on the heads of both was entire, and that upon the head of the female, who appeared to have been about fourteen years old at the time of her death, Hair,was of a yellow color and a very fine texture. Hence the individuals were thought to have been of European or Asiatic extraction.



Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee, 1845 by John Haywood
Near the confines of Smith and Wilson counties on the south side of Cumberland River, about 22 miles above Cairo, on the waters of Smiths Fork of Cany Fork, is a cave the aperture into which is very small. The workman in the cave enlarged the entrance and went in; and digging in the apartment next to the entrance, after removing the dirt and using it, they came upon, the same level with the entrance, to another small aperture, which also they entered and went through when they came into a narrow room, 25 feet square. Everything here was neat and smooth. The room seemed to have been carefully preserved for the reception and keeping of the dead. In this room, near about the centre, were found sitting in baskets made of cane, three human bodies; the flesh entire, but a little shrivelled, and not much so. The bodies were those of a man, a female and a small child. The complexion of all was very fair, and white, without any intermixture of the copper colour. Their eyes were blue, their hair auburn and fine. The teeth were very white, their stature was delicate, about the size of whites of the present day. The man was wrapped in 14 dressed deerskins. The 14 deerskins were wrapped in what those present called blankets. They were made of bark, like those found in the cave in White county. The form of the baskets which enclosed them, was pyramidal, being larger at the bottom, and declining to the top. The heads of the skeletons, from the neck, were above the summits of the blankets.



Saturday, June 18, 2011

Visit the Iroquois Earthwork, Fort Wayne's First Fort 800 A.D.


Visit the Iroquois Earthwork, Fort Wayne's First Fort 800 A.D

The linear walls of Fort Wayne's first fort  leads to the riverbank and are still distinguishable along with the exterior moat.  This embankment once held a wooden stockade.

     5 forts were constructed in Fort Wayne from 1715 to the abandonment of the last after the War of 1812. The oldest fort was constructed by the Iroquois around 800 A.D., but unlike its the later French, British and American fortifications this one can still be seen today.
    The Iroquois inhabited northern Indiana and the Great Lakes region for thousands of years starting as early as 2000 B.C. to the 1500s. Their burial mounds and earthworks can still be seen in many of the counties of northern Indiana.  Three Iroquois burial mounds, a solar temple called a henge and a horseshoe shaped fortification can still be seen in Allen County.  Unfortunately, nothing is preserved with the burial mounds being desecrated by the local university archaeologists at IPFW.

The largest earthen wall of the Iroquois fort is on the end on the north side of the work.  The wall no longer encloses the two parallel walls that run to the river, because a part was destroyed from farming.
  
   Recently IPFW excavated the Iroquois fort, hacking into the earthwork itself, but it is unknown what destruction they caused.  It is the practice of university archaeologist to dig holes in prehistoric works and not fill in their holes.  They show little or no respect for Native American antiquities.
    There are a few people who have shown interest in buying the property where the earthwork is located,  preserving it and making it an Indiana travel destination.  This would keeping IPFW from doing any further damage to this historical treasure.
      The title of this is a bit misleading; the landowner will have you arrested for trespassing if you try to access the land.  The general location of Fort Wayne's first fort is across from Riverbend Golf Coarse on the St. Joe River. Fort Wayne's first fort could actually be seen from the 469 bypass if the land was developed to be a travel destination.
       IPFW archaeologist never divulge the location of the burial mounds or earthworks where they are digging, but all the directions to the burial mounds and earthworks in Allen County are photographed and directions provided in "The Nephilim Chronicles: A Travel Guide to the Ancient Ruins in the Ohio Valley."



ALLEN COUNTY, INDIANA

The History of Allen County Indiana, 1880
“Prehistoric Remains” by R. S. Robertson:
Northern Indiana has many proofs of the presence of this race recorded almost indelibly upon its soil, and they have left some of their monuments in Allen County, but not as many, nor so extensive, as ones found in Ohio or to the southern part of Indiana.

While some of them were pushing upward, and making great settlements along the tributaries of the Ohio, others had passed further up the Mississippi, discovered The great Lakes, and entered into quite extensive copper mining operations on the shores of Lake Superior. Colonies had occupied Michigan, and as far south in Indiana as the Kankakee, and it from them, we think, that Allen County received the marks of their occupation. All along the valley of Cedar Creek, in DeKalb County, their mounds and earthworks appear in considerable number, but decrease in number as we proceed southward onto Allen County, and we totally wanting in the southern portion of the county.


    Still further down the river, on the west side, opposite Antraps Mill, is a semi-circular fort with its ends on the riverbank.


A series of  horseshoe shaped forts extended from the St. Joseph River in Allen County, down the Maumee to Toldeo, Ohio. The width of each of the forts was 200 feet.  Another fort was also located just west of Allen County at the headwaters of the Eel River in Whitley County.


The linear walls of Fort Wayne's first fort  leads to the riverbank and are still distinguishable along with the exterior moat.  This embankment once held a wooden stockade.
The largest earthen wall of the Iroquois fort is on the end on the north side of the work.  The wall no longer encloses the two parallel walls that run to the river, because a part was destroyed from farming.


Directions to 222 burial mounds and earthworks in Indiana, Ohio West Virginia, Kentucky and Michigan can be found in the most comprehensive guide to the ancient world.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Large Oto Sioux Hopewell Burial Mound Discovered in Southwest Indiana

Large Hopewell Burial Mound Discovered in Southern Indiana


 What may be one of the largest burial mounds in Indiana has been located near Paragon, Indiana, in Morgan county.  The burial mound was photographed on a recent trip to southwest Indiana.   A few dig marks were visible, but this mound has not been found nor desecrated by university archaeologist, yet.  From Strawtown to Mt. Vernon Indiana has been found artifacts that are closely related to the historic Oto Sioux.  Different tribes of the Dakota Sioux were in prehistoric times known as the Hopewell mound builders To see al of the Indian burial mounds in Indiana here




I

Adena (Beaker People) Henge Discovered in Chillicothe, Ohio (Ross County)

Adena (Beaker People) Henge Discovered in Chillicothe, Ohio

Adena mound builders sun temple is clearly visible on this aerial photo.

 
    The Ohio Historical Society and archaeologists have destroyed much of the Capital City of the Adena (Beaker People) and Hopewell (Sioux, Cherokee and Iroquois), but despite not being preserved, some of the most important sites can still be viewed.  Two large henges  were constructed on the confluence of Paint Creek and the North Fork of Paint Creek.  The two large henges are identical in size to the henges at Athens County, Ohio, Mounds State Park and Cambridge City, Indiana, which measured 660 feet in circumference.
    Henges, are circular earthworks with an outer wall and interior ditch and a gateway that is aligned to a solar event. Henges were adopted by the Beaker People, who also constructed Stonehenge.
    The archaeologist has called the Chillicothe burial mounds and earthwork Hopewell, but with this new find it shows that the capital city had a combination of both Adena and Hopewell elements and that it are the result of these two peoples merging into one society that is called the Adena-Hopewell.

Map of the Earthworks around Chillicothe, Ohio is originally drawn by Squire and Davis in Ancient Monuments of the Mississippi Valley 1846.  No description of the North Fork henge was given by Squire and Davis, nor has it shown up in any archaeological reports. 

This photograph from Google Earth clearly shows that the outer embankment of both earthworks is still visible in this plowed field. Why is this not being saved from the obliteration of the plow?
   



Thursday, June 16, 2011

2000 Year Old Sun Temple (Henge) Discovered in Fort Wayne, Indiana

2000-Year-Old Indo-European Earthen Sun Temple Discovered in Indiana



The History of Allen County, Indiana 1880
    
Descending the St. Joseph on the east, to the farm of Peter Notestine, one of the oldest settlers, we find a circular “fort” or earthwork, situated in the bend of the river... it has been plowed over for nearly thirty years and has lost much of its outlines. Many relics have been found here, and when newly plowed, numerous fragments of pottery, flints, and stone implements are yet found in and around its site. A large pipe of pottery was found here some years since. The bowl and stem are molded in one piece and the end of the stem has been flattened by the fingers while plastic to form a mouthpiece.


 Looking through the gateway of the henge that breeches the interior ditch.  The gateway is aligned to either the Equinox (March 22, September 22) or Beltane (May 1) sunrise. The outer wall has disappeared from years of farming.

   The pipe that was found at this site is diagnostic of the Point Peninsula Iroquois that would date this henge from 200 B.C. - 200 A.D.  The Point Peninsula Iroquois were heavily influenced by the Adena (Indo-European) in the Ohio Valley.  

  The henge in Fort Wayne is a smaller version of the henges that are found in the State of Indiana in Anderson at Mounds State Park, Cambridge City, New Castle and Strawtown.  There were several of these smaller henges that were recorded in the State in Delaware County and also Henry County, on the south side of New Castle. In all three locations they were singular.




Singular henge located in New Castle, Indiana is the same size as in Allen County.  The New Castle henge has a gateway that is aligned to the summer solstice sunrise.


    The henge is also featured in the most comprehensive travel guide to the burial mounds and earthworks in Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky and Michigan with 222 burial mounds and earthworks photographed and directions provided in The Nephilim Chronicles; A Travel Guide to the Ancient Ruins in the Ohio Valley.