Friday, August 29, 2014

Oklahoma Grave Diggers Uncover Ancient 8 Foot Nephilim Giant

Oklahoma Grave Diggers Uncover Ancient 8 Foot Nephilim Giant



The Seattle Star (Seattle, Washington) June 12, 1914
8 FOOT SKELETON FOUND IN GRAVE
    Guthrie, Oklahoma, June 12, - A giant human skeleton was unearthed in the Ford cemetery at Luther, Oklahoma country today by grave diggers.  The skeleton was about three feet underground beneath a solid layer of rock.  The skull, which was much larger than an ordinary man's head, and other bones indicated that the giant human being must have been eight feet tall.  The find is expected to be taken charge by the state geologists at Norman.

University of California Anthropologist Study Ancient Giant Human Remains

University of California Anthropologist Study Ancient Giant Human Remains



Middlesboro Daily News, January 21, 1921
BONES OF HISTORIC RACE
Anthropologists Intensely Interested in Discovery of Indian Skeletons in California
    New indications that California was once inhabited by a race of gigantic Indians was furnished when sewer diggers on Ferry and Howard streets in the heart of the business district of Martinez, California, uncovered an Indian burial ground, with skeletons measuring more than seven feet.
    Several skulls and one well preserved skeleton are to be given over to the investigators of the anthropological department of the University of California.  The skulls and skeletons are declared to be highly important and scientific value.
     Discovery of the burial ground has revived an old Indian legend than an immense treasure of gold nuggets was interred with a body of a chief of the ancient tribe of the giant Indians. So convinced are the residents in the truth of this legend that great crowds have thronged around the sewer diggers, largely hampering their activities, and more than a score of persons have applied to the municipal authorities for the position on the city sewer digging crew

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Workers Uncover Giant Human Nephilim in San Pedro, California

Workers Uncover Giant Human Nephilim in San Pedro, California



Los Angeles Herald, March 11, 1909
GRADING MACHINE UNEARTHS SKELETON OF HUGE INDIAN
   SAN PEDRO, - March 10. - The skeleton of an Indian was unearthed at Whites Point this afternoon by a grading maching.
     The skeletons was that of a man of unusual stature, abnormally large head and thickness of skull.

Arizona's Ancient Pygmy Race

Arizona's Ancient Pygmy Race



The Border Cities Star, March 20, 1923
Cliff Dweller Skeleton Declared That of Pygmy
Appears No Larger Than Bones of Child, Yet Has Perfectly Developed Teeth; Skull Shows No Evidence of Immaturity
Prescott, Arizona, march 20 - Scientist who will visit Prescott next summer to attempt to fathom the mystery of the ancient cliff dwellings on the Verde River will be asked to give their attention to a skeleton found recently by Morris and Howell Payne, ranchers living a few miles north of this city.
Although the skeleton is apparently no larger than that of a child of four or five years, the skull contains a fully developed set of mature teeth. The Payne brothers unearthed the skeletons while excavating
The tiny doorways and low ceilings seem to bear out the theory that the people living there were of small stature, but the dwarf-like skeleton is so much smaller than that of the man of today that it has created another of those archaeological problems which it is the purpose of the national geographic society to solve.  It is possible, in a series of expeditions next summer for a road in granite dells, a vast granite formation near Prescott. Digging carefully, they were able to extricate practically all of the bones without breaking them.
The skeleton has excited a lively interest on account of the size and the maturity of the teeth and the skull bones, which one physician said showed none of the evidences of immaturity of an infant's cranium.
Prints of the hands of the builders of the well preserved prehistoric dwelling known as Montezuma's castle are still seen in the mud-like mortar holding the stones together and these prints indicate that the dwellers were persons with very small hands.
The tiny doorways and low ceilings seem to bear out the theory that the people living there were of small stature, but the dwarf-like skeleton is so much smaller than that of the man of today that it has created another of those archaeological problems which it is the purpose of the national geographic society to solve.  It is possible, in a series of expeditions next summer.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

70 Miles of Ancient Canals are Described in Missouri

70 Miles of Ancient Canals are Described in Missouri



Illustrated History of Missouri, 1879

The pre-historic people of Missouri were not only great in populous towns, in their agriculture, in their huge piles of earth and embankments and buildings of stone, but they, too, were canal-builders. With surprising skill they developed a system of internal navigation, so connecting the lakes and bayous of the southern interior of the State, that the products of the soil found a ready outlet to the great river. The remains of these artificial water-courses have been frequently alluded to by travelers who have seen them, but never thoroughly explored. Dr. G. C. Swallow, while at the head of the Geological Survey, called attention to them, and described one which was " fifty feet wide and twelve feet deep." For the fullest description of this class of works, I am indebted to Geo. W. Carleton, Esq., of Gayoso ; who, in response to a note of enquiry, — in addition to many interesting facts concerning a great number of ancient structures in Pemiscot County, — kindly furnished the following account, which I give in his own words : "Besides our Mounds, we can boast of ancient canals. Col. John H. Walker informed me that before the earthquakes, these canals — we call them bayous now — showed very plainly their artificial origin. Since the country has become settled, the land cleared up, the embankments along those water courses have been considerably leveled down. One of these canals is just east of the town of Gayoso. It now connects the flats of Big Lake with the Mississippi river. Before the bank crumbled off, taking in Pemiscot bayou, it connected this bayou with the waters of Big Lake. Another stream, that Col. Walker contended was artificial, is what we now call Cypress Bend Bayou. He said that it was cut so as to connect the waters of Cushion Lake with a bayou running into Big Lake. Cushion Lake lies in the northern part of Pemiscot county. The canal was cut from the flats of the lake on the south side, about three miles into Big Lake bayou. By this chain of canals, lakes and bayous, these ancient mound-builders and canal-diggers could have an inland navigation from the Mississippi river at Gayoso, into and through Big Lake bayou and the canal into Cushion Lake, through Cushion Lake and a bayou into Collins Lake or the open bay, thence north through a lake and bayou some eight miles, where another canal tapped this water course and run east into the Mississippi river again, some five miles below the town of New Madrid. Col. Walker, in referring to these water-courses, spoke of them only as canals. They show even now a huge bank of earth, such as would be made by an excavation, on the side opposite to the river, so that in case of overflow the water from the river would not wash the excavated dirt back into the canal."  Although in the foregoing account the present depth and width are not given, from it and from the reports of others, there can be no doubt that the ancient inhabitants had constructed with a skill which would do no discredit to our own engineers, a system of connecting canals which must have been necessitated by an extended internal trade, and which required boats of respectable dimensions. The evidences of work of such magnitude as canals, widen the "broad chasm" which is to be spanned before we can link the Mound-builders to the North American Indians, until it becomes an impassable gulf.

1 In reply to a subsequent note of inquiry as to the length of this water-course, including canal and bayou, Mr. Carlton estimates it to be about seventy miles.

San Leandro, California Coroner Declares Ancient Skeleton was 8 Feet Tall

San Leandro, California Coroner Declares Ancient Skeleton was 8 Feet Tall



The Washington Times (Washington, D.C.) Novemeber 27, 1916
SKELETON OF INDIAN GIANT
Oakland, California, November 27 - A skeletons, believed to be that of an Indian Chief, was discovered by working men engaged in digging gravel on the frank Williams ranch, a mile and half west of San Leandro.  The bones have been taken in charge by Deputy Coroner Morgan, who declared that the size of the thigh bone, it is evident that the skeleton is that of a man at least eight feet tall. The skeleton is to be sent to the anthropological department of the University of California.


Ancient Stone Buildings Diagramed in Missouri and Franklin County, Indiana

Ancient Stone Buildings Diagramed in Missouri and Franklin County, Indiana


Illustrated History of Missouri, 1879
The stone edifices thus described seem to have been peculiar to Missouri alone, as I find no notices of existing similar works in any other locality, unless those described by Mr. Brown in his Western Gazetteer were such. Those were found near the town of Harrisonville, Franklin Co., in the State of Indiana. They were located on the neighboring hills, northeast of the town. The ruins of quite a number were observed, all of which, it is stated, were built of rough, unhewn stone. The walls were levelled nearly to the foundations, and covered with soil, brush and full-grown trees. Mr. Brown informs us that "after clearing away the earth, roots and rubbish from one of them, he found it to have been anciently occupied as a dwelling. It was about twelve feet square. At one end of the building was a regular hearth, on which were yet the ashes and coals of the last fire its owners had ever-enjoyed, for around the hearth were the decayed skeletons of eight persons, of different ages, from a small child to the head of a family. Their feet were all pointing towards the hearth, which fact suggests the probability that they were murdered while asleep." The bottom lands in this region are said to have abounded in mounds similar to those described elsewhere, and containing human bones, implements of stone, and a superior article of glazed pottery. A skull taken from one of them was found pierced with a flint arrow which was still sticking in the wound, and was about six inches long. The stone dwellings described by Mr. Brown were evidently of inferior construction to those of Missouri. The authors of the latter showed no mean skill in architecture; while the rough and ruder walls of the Indiana structures, their diminutive size, along with the fact of the whole family lying together on the floor, would indicate a social condition but little removed from barbarism. Whether their builders belonged to the race of the mounds in the valleys near, is not certain, and the means of deciding the question are doubtless destroyed.

Ancient Stone Wells Are Reported on Paint Creek, Near the Cermonial Earthworks in Ross County, Ohio

Ancient Fish Wells Carved in the Rock in Paint Creek, Ross County, Ohio


I am not convinced that these wells carved deep into the rock of Paint Creek were functional.  Their proximity to the ceremonial earthworks makes me lean more to them being sacred wells that may have been presided over by a priestess.


Illustrated History of Missouri


Many years ago, in the bed of Paint Creek, in Ross County, Ohio, several deep cavities or wells were discovered, which gave rise to much speculation as to their origin and purpose. I believe they have since been found in many other localities. Mr. Pidgeon states that he discovered four similar ones in the bed of a small tributary of the St. Peters river, varying in depth from eight to twelve feet, from five to six feet in diameter at the bottom and from three to five feet at the top. These excavations were made in the soft slate rock which formed the bed of the stream. To the level top, or rim of the well, a thin flat rock was fitted, with a round or square hole in the center, about twelve inches in diameter. This opening could be closed at will, by a stone stopper perforated with small holes. A short distance below the wells he found one of these stoppers which fitted neatly the larger capstone of one of the wells. At the time of their discovery the depth of the stream which flowed over them was ten inches. Mocking-Bird informed him that these were fish traps, and that many such could be found in other streams, were they not so filled with mud and stones as to escape observation ; and also that they were constructed and used anciently for the purpose of securing a supply of fish for the winter. Large quantities of bait being deposited in them in the fall, the fish would gather there in great numbers, when the stopper would be placed over the mouth, which prevented their escape, and then they could be taken out with a small net as desired. While it is no doubt true that the mound-builders were an agricultural people, it is quite reasonable to suppose, from the fact that their most extensive works are found upon the shores of lakes and banks of rivers, that fish formed no inconsiderable item of their bill of fare.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

14 Ancient Giant Humans Uncovered at Malibu Canyon, California Ranging From Seven to Eight Feet.

14 Ancient Giant Humans Uncovered at Malibu Canyon, California Ranging From Seven to Eight Feet.

The San Francisco Call, July 9, 1908
DISCOVER SKELETON OF 14 PREHISTORIC INDIANS
Remains of Giant Race Are Found Near Santa Monica Beach
   LOS ANGELES, July 8. - Fourteen skeletons of giant Indians supposed to have roved this section centuries ago, have just been dug from the sands of the beach on Malibu ranch just north of Santa Monica.  The smallest skeleton indicates a stature of seven feet, while several of the Indians must have been been at least eight feet tall.
   The discovery was made by three santa Monica men camping at the mouth of Malibu canyon.
The skullls teeth and bones are in an excellent state of preservation. Many relics of an extinct race have been found in the same locality, but no skeletons of such size ever before have been unearthed.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Ancient Iroquois Remains with Maritime Archaic Skull Traits Are Uncovered in Montreal, Canada

Ancient Iroquois Remains with Maritime Archaic Skull Traits Are Uncovered in Montreal, Canada


This is a series of skulls associated with the Maritime Archaic 7000 B.C. - 2000 B.C.A sloping forehead, a prominent brow ridge and enhanced occipital region are characteristic of this ancient skull type.  The Maritime Archaic also were known for their large size with skeletons exceeding 7 foot, not uncommon. 


A New Hochelagan Burying-ground Discovered at Westmount on the Western Spur of Mount Royal, Montreal, July-September, 1898


Mr. Beauchamp, the New-York authority, writes concerning the Mohawks; "Burial customs varied greatly among the same people, but usually the knees are drawn up. The face might be turned either way in contiguous graves. I have seen many opened with no articles in them." By the kindness of Dr. Wyatt Johnston, Pathologist to the Provincial Board of Health, the three skeletons have been preserved and are now in the Chateau de Ramezay Historical Museum where they will doubtless be regarded with interest by scholars. The skulls have been fully identified as of the Indian type, and found to be those of two powerful males in the prime of life and one young woman. The skull in possession of Mr. Earl is doubtless of the same race. Some large stones were found placed above the bodies, and also a number of naturally flat stones which appear to have been used as scoops to excavate. The plateau where the remains were found is about half way up the side of the "Mountain" or hill, as it more properly is, the total height being only about 700 feet. The plateau slopes somewhat and looks towards the south-east, and being protected by the hill behind it from prevailing winds, and having a good light soil, constitutes a very favorable situation for the growth of the Indian crops of corn and beans. The Mountain being an isolated rise in the great plain of the St. Lawrence, the plateau was also most favorably ]placed for look-out and defence. A hundred yards or so to the west is a fine perennial spring, and a short distance further is another which has always been known as "the old Indian Well," having been a resort of Indians at a later period

A Brachycephalic Man



This skeleton is that of a large and powerfully built man, the bones being very heavy and strong with marked impressions and prominences for muscular attachment. The skeleton, with the exception of some of the small bones of the hands and feet is complete.


The skull is large and massive, and the lower jaw very strong and heavy. The teeth are well preserved but much ground down at the crown. The 0]superciliary ridges are very prominent. The fore head is narrow (102 c.m.) receding.


Judging from the size and strength of the bones and their impressions for muscular attachment, this man must have been very powerful and calculating from the length of the femur, at least six feet tall. With this skeleton we found a small humerus of some mammal possibly a squirrel.

The Tallest Man



This skeleton is also that of a large powerfully built man, even taller man the last. The skull is larger, though not quite so massive. It is longer and narrower and dolicephalus, the occipital region very prominent. The height index is low (70.5).


The face is broad as compared with the length 124-112 and the cheek bones are prominent, lower jaw is heavy and strong.

The bones of this skeleton are well preserved and it is almost entire, there being only a few of the bones of the hands and feet missing. The pelvis is masculine. The bones are long, large and heavy with marked impressions and processes.

The femur measures 17-7/8 inches so that this man must have been six feet or more and of muscular frame.

Among the bones of No III skeleton were 2 small rib bones of a bird.


Judging from the general conformation of the three skulls, it would appear that No. I, was that of the most intelligent person of the three and No. III of the least No. II being intermediate.

It is difficult to estimate the height of No. I as the femur is so decayed at both ends, but allowing for this, the height would not be more than 5 feet and probably less than that. The skeletons undoubtedly belong to the Mongoloid type and are distinctive of the North Am




Workers Uncover Giant Human Remains in San Bernardino, California

Workers Uncover Giant Human Remains in San Bernardino, California




The San Francisco Call, June 17, 1908
BONES OF GIANT RACE FOUND BY WORKMEN
Diggers Unearthe Relics of Prehistoric People of Extraordinary Stature
    San Bernardino, - June 16. - In excavating and grading for a row of new cottages on lower D street, in this city, today the laborers uncovered what is apparently the ancient burying ground of an unknown race of gigantic stature.  Fully six complete skeletons were unearthed, but the bones were dismembered and gathered in separate pieces, the graders piled the bones at one side of the tract.  On account of the peculiar formation of the soil in that locality, the bones which had probably been in the ground for yeasrs, were remarkably well preserved and by their measurements showed that they were the relics of a prehistoric race of giants.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Five Giant Human Skeletons Unearthed in San Clemente, California

Giant Human Skeletons Unearthed in San Clemente, California

East Oregonian (Pendleton, Oregon) May 27, 1909
Dig Up Skeleton
     San Clemente, California - Th skeletons of five gigantic Indians, unearthed in an Indian burial ground near this place, are being viewed by hundreds of curious spectators today.  Two of the enormous racks of bones are about seven feet long, while the others measure more than six and half.
   The skeleton was found at an unusual depth, under the burial ground of the Timal Indians, who inhabitged this section before the invasion of the whites. Trinkets andornaments of unique pattern were found with the skeletons.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Gigantic Ancient Human Bones Uncovered By Stanford University Professor, near San Francisco

Gigantic Ancient Human Bones Uncovered By Stanford University Professor, Near San Francisco


Shell Mounds were once numerous along the southern California coastline. Many of these shell mounds contained the remains of a giant race that bore attributes of Archaic type men.


Boston Evening Transcript, December 17, 1912
FINDS GIGIANTIC HUMAN BONES IN CALIFORNIA
Professor Heath of Stanford University Finds Traces of Civilization in Preshistoric Village
      Stanford University, California, Dec 17 - Recent excavation indicate that the peninsula south of San Francisco once was inhabited by a race of giant stature.  Professor Harold Heath of the zoological department of Stanford university, according to a statement given out last night, has unearthed about two miles south of here several skeletons of men who were of unusual height.
  A prehistoric village covering nearly two acres has been the scene of Professor Heath's investigations.  Stone hammers, bone awls and ornaments found by his party indicate that the owners had attained considerable advancement in artistanship and civilization.

Monday, August 18, 2014

8 Foot Giant Skeletons Uncovered on the Shores of Lake Erie, in Simcoe, Ontario

8 Foot Giant Skeletons Uncovered on the Shores of Lake Erie, in Simcoe, Ontario


The Milwaukee Sentinel, October 21, 1934
Giant Skeletons Are Discovered
Simcoe, Ontario, Oct. 20 - Skeletons eight feet long have been unearthed in an ancient Indian burial ground on the shores of Lake Erie, leading to belief a tribe of huge Indian may once have inhabited the region.


"Lost City," Buried Beaneath Present Day Lexington, Kentucky

"Lost City," Buried Beaneath Present Day Lexington, Kentucky


Adena burial mound located near Lexington, Kentucky. Most of the mounds in Kentucky were obliterated by Kentucky archaeologists.

George W. Ranck, writing in 1872, also discussed this “lost city” buried beneath Lexington: I quote from Dr. Ranck:


“The city now known as Lexington, Kentucky, is built of the dust of a dead metropolis of a lost race, of whose name, and language, and history not a vestige is left. Even the bare fact of the existence of such a city, and such a people, on the site of the present Lexington, would never have been known but for the rapidly decaying remnants of ruins found by early pioneers and adventurers to the Elkhorn lands… The testimony of the learned Prof. C.S. Rafinesque, of Transylvania University, fully corresponds with this, and proves the former existence in and about the present Lexington of a powerful and somewhat enlightened ante-Indian nation.”

“Kentucky’s first historian [John Filson] tells us of stone sepulchres, at Lexington, built in pyramid shape, and still tenanted by human skeletons, as late as two years after the siege of Bryant’s Station. “They are built,” says he, “in a way totally different from that of the Indians.” Early in this century, a large circular earthen mound, about six feet in height, occupied a part of what is now called Spring street, between Hill and Maxwell… A stone mound, which stood not far from Russell’s Cave, in this county, was opened about 1815 and found to contain human bones.”